Volunteer and Stewardship Opportunities
Relationships are nurtured and communication is maintained with EHP’s members and adherents because individuals have chosen to use their time and talents to serve in these ways.
Care of the Congregation
- Individual congregants care and support each other, offering rides to church and appointments, making phone calls and sending all occasion cards. We visit shut-ins in their homes and care facilities and deliver plants at Easter and Christmas.
- We continue to have many challenges facing us with the physical needs of our aging building and property. This committee will appeal to individuals who are creative, handy and skilled in assisting with building maintenance and improvement.
Nursery & Sunday School
- EHP is always in need of people to assist and support our teachers who deliver the Christian story to our future generation. These activities include but are not limited to drama, music, art, dance, field trips and guest presentations.
Finance & Stewardship
- The objective of this committee, is to mobilize the financial generosity of the congregation and various channels ensuring EHPs current and future financial stability. This committee will appeal to anyone interested in finance and accounting, fundraising, event planning, publicity and communications.
- Started many years ago by the congregation, our nutritious meal program serves lunch, snacks, dinners and provides informal counsel to those in need every Sunday, 52 weeks a year. The Thrift Shop is open to the public every Saturday, with proceeds going to the Outreach program. Exciting front line opportunities exist in the following areas:
– Various food service duties including, receiving, preparation, set-up, serving and clean-up.
– Various retail duties including, receiving, sorting, pricing, merchandising and cash handling.
- Many people assist in the worship service – readers , greeters, servers for communion and money counters. The purpose of this committee is to provide oversight for worship services and use of the sanctuary.
- Opportunities exist for both the Chancel and the Gospel choirs for those who love to sing. EHP has had many requests from several other congregations and organizations to perform and has become one of our signature opportunities to reach out to the larger community.
Comments or questions are welcome.